Information Computer

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Fix Packet Tracer Fonts in Ubuntu

packet tracer is a software simulation of cisco for learning / designing a network. for me it is very important because software is software that's one software that I need for school. after a few moments ago I decided to move from windows to linux. I need to find some software that I need. one of which is packet tracer.

then i get the installer packet tracer file with the extension. bin. I installed and successfully. after I noticed something strange on the font. I am handy tips for those of you who have problems like me. there are 2 ways completion.

first way

1. open terminal
2. sudo apt-get install ttf-mscorefonts-installer

second way

1. open terminal
2. sudo apt-get install libqtwebkit2.2-cil libqt4-script libqt4-qt3support libqt4-sql
3. sudo gedit /usr/local/PacketTracer5/packettracer
4. put a # in front of the line export LD_LIBRARY_PATH = $ PTDIR / lib

The second way gives fonts better than if you use the first way. both methods require an internet connection. if your ubuntu are not connected to the Internet. you have to do is download the following package of libqtwebkit2.2 4-cil, libqt4-script, libqt4-qt3support and libqt4-sql package along with its dependencies.

I recommend you download the package-package by using qdebdownloader. because qdebdownloader helps you to download all the dependencies package from the package you are looking for. then install it offline all packages with the command dpkg-i *. deb in the directory containing the package-package. then do step 3 and 4 on the second way. if you have any questions please leave your comment. hopefully useful:)

Related Posts



0 comments:

Followers